Mercedes Marco Polo Solar Panel Kit
Drill free bolt on kit for the Mercedes Marco Polo campervan.
A kit that requires NO DRILLING AT ALL. £399 for a complete 100W kit (produces 5.4 charging Amps in good summer sun with an MPPT charger). There is also the option to go for two panels giving you 200 Watts of solar power (10.8 Amps).
Due to customer requests, we've created a slimline kit that slots into the Marco Polo roof rails with cabling that passes through an existing tailgate grommet - instructions provided). Installed, it is lower than the awning, keeping your total height under 2m. This kit is designed for both the W447 (2014-present) and the W639 (2003-2014).
The kit features:
- Foam backed panel edges to protect paintwork.
- Standard solar cable (stored in space between tailgate and bodywork) OR, upgrade to a curly cable that self retracts when the roof is lowered.
- Easy slide-in system to your existing roof rails.
- Waterproof connector that lives in the roof rail.
- LCD display solar regulator (we recommend the MPPT upgrade for this type of panel which you can select when ordering)
- All cables needed to connect to your leisure battery - simply plugs in the existing hookup charger - no cable cutting at all (piggyback fuse connection with the Viano W639).
- Photo instructions include step by step details on how to route the solar cable through an existing tail gate grommet for a neat installation.
- Can be used with roof bars.
Note: The appearance of the panel may vary depending on current stock - They are currently (06/2020) all black - black backing, black cells.
Below: 2020 MP 100W Dual EFTE panel.
Below: power lead with Marco Polo (W447) connectors plugs inline with the MP hookup charger. Simple and no cable cutting.
Below: Piggy back power lead for Viano W639 vans (2003-2014) - no cable cutting. Replaces fuse 1 on the charger cupboard (note you will not be able to refit the clear plastic fuse cover unless you cut a hole in it)
Below - on the left, W447 charger cupboard, on the right W639 charger cupboard.
Below: Optional curly cord for the solar panel.
Note: Specifications tab shows shipping dimensions and weight, not product dimensions and weight
|Dimension (L x W x H)||140 x 57 x 6 Centimetre|